Oral and maxillofacial surgery is used to treat numerous mouth and teeth conditions. It encompasses all kinds of procedures in the mouth.
A maxillofacial surgeon is the universally recognised specialist who has the right theoretical knowledge and surgical skill to perform these procedures. At Clínica Dental Oris we are well aware of this. The mouth cavity can be defined as the work space in which this surgeon has expertise.
At Clínica Dental Oris we offer maxillofacial surgery so that we can treat all mouth conditions at a single centre. This service, along with our 3D radiology equipment, means that patients who come to our clinic will have all their needs covered.
At Clínica Dental Oris, our maxillofacial surgeon specialises in:
- Treatment, diagnosis and management of all diseases and conditions affecting the maxillofacial and oral area.
- Treatment and fitting of dental implants.
- Wisdom teeth extraction.
- Reconstruction of facial bone structure and facial tissue (muscles, nerves and other organs) following fractures and injuries that affect facial function or appearance.
- Operations on and reconstructions of congenital facial deformities such as cleft palate or cranial deformities in infants.
- Diagnosis and treatment of facial pain.
- Diagnosis and treatment of oral, head and neck cancers.
- Treatment of sleep apnoea.
- Facial cosmetic surgery.